Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Randomness of Me

So since my last post was about the bachelor I will start this off by saying that I wasn't happy with Jake's final pick and I wasn't happy about the next Bachelorette. I would have been happy if he had sent both of them packing! And Ali as the next Bachelorette....well we all know how I feel about her.

Moving on....This past weekend was soooo good! Saturday I got a chance to meet up with an old childhood friend and her three boys. Well actually it was quite a few more people than that. The original plan included Cohen and myself with Michaela and her boys, but then quickly turned into a circus. The park play date included Cohen, myself, Michaela, her boyfriend, her three boys, my brother, his girlfriend, her son my niece, my nephew and my mother. Like I said circus! I loved the day and it ended up turning out great, but I was constantly thinking that I had lost a child somewhere in all of the madness and was continuously counting heads. There is a reason God has blessed me with only one child and didn't feel I should be a preschool teacher or work at a daycare! Ha I love kids and I think I'm pretty good with them, I'm just to paranoid to have a ton of them. Anyway it was so good to see Michaela and I didn't realize how much I had missed our friendship! This is a girl that practically lived with me and my family for 2 to 3 years, so she's definitely a big part of my past and will hopefully continue to be a big part of my future.

As you get older you start to realize who your true friends are and what is most important in life. I feel extremely lucky to be able to say that I have quite a few close friends and a handful of BEST friends. There are certain women in my life that I wouldn't trade for the world and couldn't imagine life without them. They have all played very specific roles in my life and have all helped me become the person I am today in one way or another. The funny thing is that they all are so vastly different, and I love them all for very different reasons.....I'm rambling though so I'll get back to talking about my weekend.

After the park and a trip to McDonald's for all of the kids I went home for a few hours and got Cohen ready for bed. My parents are awesome and kept an eye on Cohen for me so I could go out to meet Michaela again for some real mommy time. It was so nice to sit with her and laugh about the past and the stupid things we did as children. Then to discuss how different our lives were now that we were mommy's. After a long night of reminiscing, I finally decided to call it a night so I could get some sleep before Brittany's big day of engagement pictures!

I helped her get ready and acted as assistant for her during the shoot. I think the pictures turned out great and can't wait to see the rest. Here are a few so you can see what I'm talking about...







Freaking ADORABLE right?!? Good job Maria at RiaLin Photography!

Oh and just an update on my New Year's resolutions...I finally got my 30 Day Shred DVD in the mail and started it last night. My body hurts today...but no pain no gain so I will push through this. Also I've started the dating process...we'll see where this goes.

2 comments:

S.I.F. said...

I love the side mirror photo! And I am so over The Bachelor...

Neff Said... said...

Yeah, the mirror is one of my favs as well, and I couldn't agree with you more about the Bachelor! Speaking of I loved your post on applying for the show!