Don't worry I'm not talking about my life....although I'm pretty positive I could come up with a story regarding each of those descriptions. No, today I'm talking about the Bachelor! I have not been a religious watcher from day one but there have been a few season where I didn't want to miss even a single episode. This season being one of them. For those that may not have been watching meet Jake Pavelka
Jake is a 32 year old pilot from Denton, TX looking for love just like all of the Bachelors before him. Now let me just say that I do not believe that men and women on this show can say that they are in love. Especially the crazies who say it by episode two! The whole process is over a 3-6 month time frame and while I will say in the real world (FOR SOME) falling in love can happen in such a time frame, there is no way that while one man/woman is dating 25 different men/women at once they can say that they are in love with any of them. Have strong feelings for, smitten with, extremely like them....these are reasonable things to say, but in love with....sorry not buying it. Now at the end of the show when the couple is thrown back into the real world, I do believe it's possible these people can fall in love. But this is only after it's truly a one on one process where they are experiencing REAL life moments with one another. So needless to say it aggravates me to no end when I hear all them go on an on about how in love they are. The word is just thrown around like it means nothing! But enough of that...let's get to the fun stuff shall we?
Lets discuss the crazies! First up I give the award of #1 crazy to Michelle 
This chick is nothing but PSYCHO! She JUST wants to be married. I don't think it's truly about finding love it's more about being married, and giving her mother a grandchild. While pretty much most women want this it's a different kind of want with Michelle. It's an obsession I believe. I mean this woman strikes me as the type that would duct tape a man to a chair and tell him she was going to cut off his man parts if he didn't marry her! She's nuts! It was explained perfectly during the Women Tell All episode when one of the bachlorettes said that she needed a therapist more than she needed to be married.
The award for best mind games played goes to Ali
At first I liked her, I thought she was a cute normal woman and really hoped she'd make it to the top. But the truth always shows itself, and eventually you got to see the real Ali. Ali is one of those girls that is beautiful and she knows it. She's learned over time exactly how to work stupid men into doing exactly what she wants, and I would probably go as far as saying she knows how to work women too. I say that because I believe that Ali is the one who started the hate in the house towards Vienna. I think she decided early on she didn't like Vienna and convinced everyone else to do the same. And because these women A.) Don't want to go against the crowd and be targeted themselves and B.) Need to vent their anxiety/aggression/frustration on someone they went along with it all. Do I necessarily like Vienna....no, but I don't think she really deserved the WHOLE house hating her either. This I believe was Ali's first mind game played. Then there was the let me tell Jake that Vienna is wrong for him bit and convince everyone else to do the same, and lastly the mind game that blew up in her face...."let me tell Jake that I have to choose him over my job". This was the most fake and dramatic crap ever. As soon as that door opened I knew exactly how everything was going to play out. I don't want to say that she made everything up and that her job never told her to choose because I think there is a good possibility that they did. But....I do think that she used it as a mind game. She walked in expecting him to beg her to stay and when he didn't she thought she would then just leave and come back thinking that it would work for her like it did for Ed and Jillian last season. WRONG! I think Jake did really like her but I think he picked up on her games and lack of tears while she was pulling the fake sobbing routines.
Second place on mind games goes to Elizabeth
Did this chick really think that telling Jake he couldn't kiss her till she was the final one and then dangling it in his face was really going to work? I mean it's a possibility that it could have I guess, if she hadn't been so stupid about it. But I can't stand mind game people and I'm glad she got booted off!
Biggest Idiot award goes to Rozlyn
How could she think that she could flaunt a relationship with a producer in every one's face and not get caught? And the saddest part about all of this is not that she's too stupid to realize what she did, but that she has a son who will have to grow up with the mother who will go down in Bachelor history for her scandal.
And while we're on the subject of mothers let's talk about Ella...
I have mixed feelings on her....I liked her but I didn't really agree with everything about her. The number one thing that really rubbed me the wrong way about her was when she gave Jake her son's favorite toy. Now this could have just been a ploy to have her stand out from the crowd but for me it totally took points away. As a mother myself I couldn't imagine giving my son's favorite toy away to a man I barely new! Even if it was my son's idea! I would praise him for being so sweet and generous but explain to him that he should keep it and that if in the end I ended up with that man and he still wanted to give it to him then it would be ok. Never in a million years would I take it! And if I had been Jake I wouldn't have accepted the gift. I would have told Ella that it was an extremely sweet and kind gesture but that I couldn't possibly take his favorite toy away from him. I would tell her that she should hold on to it as a keep sake while she was away from him. I just saw so many thing wrong with that situation on both of their parts.
As for the top three
I loved Gia! She was my favorite and I really really hope they make her the next Bachelorette!
Vienna...I've already said that I didn't like her.
And lastly Tenley....
I laughed out loud last night while watching the Women Tell All episode and hearing them say things like "She acts like she just popped out of a Disney movie" and "I think she shits rainbows" ahaha that last one really still makes me laugh, but they couldn't be more dead on with the Disney description!
During the scene where Tenley was dancing for Jake I kept thinking this reminds me of something, but it wasn't until the Disney comment that I realized what it was....
It was the scene from the Sword and the Stone where Mad Madam Mim turns into a dancing beauty...Look at this picture and tell me you can't see the resemblance
Perfect right!?!
Anyway I'll leave you to ponder on that one and get off my Bachelor soap box already.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Love, Lies & Psychos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I enjoyed this ... so true. So who do you think it will be?
OH wow, to be honest I have a weird feeling that he's not going to pick either of them. I think he's only really physically attracted to Vienna and I don't think that his family is that thrilled with her. So I don't think he'll want to pick her. And I don't think there is enough chemistry between him and Tenley. In the preview for next week he even made a comment about not feeling enough heat with her. But if he does pick one, maybe Tenley??? I'm not really sure, but I do think that his family will play a big role in it....or maybe I'm completely wrong :) Ha but I can say that I definitely called it with all of the Ali stuff!
I haven't been a big watcher either but I did watch the Women tell all on Hulu today and it was funny!! I totally agree with you on all of it!
Oh my gosh! You could not have been anymore dead on! That is ridiculous!
I loved Ali at first, and liked her less and less every episode.
And Tenley? I'm just dying right now! That whole dance I kept waiting for something spectacular to happen (since she talked so much about what a "dancer" she is) and by the end of it I thought "I could totally do that." and, I can't dance.
So lame!
Post a Comment