Alright ladies and gents....as mentioned before in my New Year's Resolutions post, I have to get in shape! Not only to create a happier healthier me, but I have Brittany's wedding in about 8 months! I'm the freaking Maid of Honor! Which means that I'll be standing right next to my stunningly beautiful-drop dead gorgeous BF who will be looking extra stunningly beautiful and drop dead gorgeous on her wedding day! Now it is not my goal to look prettier than her and that's not even a possibility (even if God himself graced me with a miracle to accomplish such a thing, I wouldn't dream of it!) I would like to be able to stand next to her and not have 250+ guests asking who Quasimodo is standing next to the bride. Ha ok maybe that mental picture is a bit extreme...but you get the idea. Soooo, with so many different diets and workouts available what do I choose?!?
First off a diet...I'm not big on diets. I think a lot of them don't work and you're better off training yourself to eat healthier. That being said...that's my goal! More salads and such with less carbs! Plus I will not kick myself in the butt just because I happen to have a slice of pizza one time in a matter of a month! Kicking myself in the butt for it will only discourage me and say "what's the point?".
As for workouts...well here's where I'm a little unsure. I've heard so many people go on about the following products.
The Wii Fit
Although this sounds like fun and could keep me interested long enough to continue my workouts on a regular basis...it's too expensive!
P90X
I've heard great things about this workout system, but again it's a bit pricey and what if I don't enjoy it?
30 Day Shred
At about 15 bucks, I'm thinking this will be a little more worth it for me. Cheap enough that if I don't like it I'm not wasting a ton of money and from what I understand still a great workout that will help me see results.
Not to mention I'm going to get back into my walking/jogging routine and make a conscious effort to walk more in general (i.e. parking farther away at the store and getting up more from my desk at work).
So here I go...wish me luck...and lord help me to stay focused!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Diets & Workouts & Stress...Oh My!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment