Dear Facebook,
We have been together for quite some time now and I find myself confused as to how I feel about our relationship. There are times I hate you and others in which you are my best friend. Let me really elaborate and explain to you what our issues are.
Moments in which I hate you...
I hate you when I'm casually scanning the feeds and come across a picture of an ex with some size 2, who probably is just "perfect". FYI this sucks. I hate you because it's moments like these that make me have a moment of temporary insanity in thinking that I'm not good enough because I'm not Ms. Perfect Size 2. Don't worry this is definitely only a moment of temporary insanity and I come back to reality knowing that I'm not Quasimodo and I do look good regardless of my jean size.
I also hate you for causing so much unnecessary drama. You know what I'm talking about, but I will explain further so there is no confusion. It's those moments in which someone has posted a rant about an ex/friend/family member/loved one/whoever and is spilling all of their dirty little details for the whole world to see! You then place this on the feed knowing I will come across it. Being that I like to avoid drama, I choose to ignore this status and pretend as if I didn't see it. This never truly works....inevitably this status update always gets back to the person it was about and that said person (who lives like a caveman/cave woman and doesn't have facebook) feels the need to be indignant with you asking, "did you know about this". Of course I deny so I can avoid the drama, but this lie is not believed and that person is mad. Great! 1. I wasn't the one who posted trash on facebook 2. Maybe if you didn't live like a caveman and had a facebook you would have seen it & 3. I have no control on what people post so why should I be in the drama?
Moments in which I love you...
I love you when I log on and find that I have a message in my inbox from a long lost friend that I have seen in years. Catching up with these people about their lives/families/jobs is great. It's moments like these that remind me as to why I have a facebook at all. To keep in touch with those around me.
And let's be real honest here, I love you for allowing me to be able to facebook stalk someone. (Don't judge we all do it) Moments in which you can't help yourself and really want to know what someone has been up to, or my personal fav...finding out before hand a glimpse of what someone is like before you have to meet them. You or a friend have a blind date...look them up on facebook before hand and find out what you want to know. Slightly wrong...maybe, but at least you or your friend know what your getting into before hand.
So you see, my relationship with you is a love/hate. Do I delete you or keep you, that is the question...
love/hate you
XOXO
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Facebook...It's a love/hate thing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
This is a no brainer...
Love it and leave the rest. :)
Post a Comment