So over the weekend I decided I was going to tackle something new. New craft?.....no. New recipe?.....no. New parenting technique?.....no. I decided to tackle changing my oil on my car! Growing up I've always watched my dad work on our vehicles. I've never taken my car into the shop for anything unless it was a major job that my dad might not have the tools for. My dad at one point in his life (early twenties) worked as a mechanic so there was never a need to take my car to anyone, when all I had to do was say were my famous last words of "Daddy fix it". For those that might not know...my daddy truly is Mr. Fix It. He fixes EVERYTHING, thus the reason I'm so famous for saying "Daddy Fix It!", but that could be whole blog in itself. Back to the story....So I've been driving my car with the check engine light on for a couple weeks knowing that I needed to change my oil. Saturday I decided it was the day to do it and I went to walmart to buy the stuff. And because it's me, even after my Dad told me what kind to get (10W40 if I remember correctly), I had to phone him while at walmart to ask what kind of 10W40 I needed (he wasn't specific). There was High Mileage and a list of others, but he told me it wouldn't make that big of a difference as long as I got the correct type and brand. I ended up buying the High Mileage. Once I was home with my goods, I informed dad and my brother that I was going to be the one to do it so that I would be able to do it next time. So with my ball cap, hair pulled up, crappy old t-shirt and gloves I was ready to get dirty! I crawled onto the creeper and wheeled myself under my car with my brother. Let me just say this was the easiest thing ever! I unscrewed the cap on the oil tank (If I'm not using the correct technical terms I'm sorry, I know how to do it. Doesn't mean I'm a mechanic ha), drained the oil and then unscrewed the oil filter and replaced it with a new one. That's it...I was done! Super easy and it will save my dad or brother from having to do it. They also reminded me I needed to check and top off all of my fluids in the car. Anyway, story is I learned something new that will be saving someone else trouble in the future. GOOD JOB ME :)
Drained oil and old filter
Checked fluids
Forgot to have a picture taken of me under the car, so we did a posed cheesy one of me next to it :)Also while my brother was teaching me to change my oil, Dad was letting Cohen play in his truck. After I was done I got this cute video of Cohen talking about "his" truck and changing the oil-la :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment