Thursday, December 3, 2009

iTunes


Going through my iTunes music I realized that I have a ridiculous amount of breakup type music. I don't date much (right now...not at all) and what relationships I've had have all lasted for decent amounts of time, so it's not like I go through breakups all the time and need this kind of music. Apparently though, I'm a sucker for anything romantic or things that like to torture the heart and make you think about the past.

Reviewing all these songs though I noticed that I had some perfect songs for different situations. Let the awards begin....

Award for Best "About To Breakup" song
Slow Dancing In A Burning Room-John Mayer

This song is the best song I've found that describes those crappy final moments with someone when you know that you are coming to an end but neither one wants to admit it.

Award for Best "You Know They're Wrong For You But Still Desperate" song
Desperation-Miranda Lambert

This song is best right after the breakup when you still love that person but know they are wrong for you. That crappy moment when you might questioning your decision and relationship status.

Award for Best "Friends Just Don't Understand" song
They Weren't There-Missy Higgins

This song is for the moments when you're friends have one view of the person you were dating and it doesn't match the true view of the person you were with.

Award for Best "Don't Want To Crawl Out Of Bed" song
One Of Those Days-Joshua Radin

Perfect for those days of depression when you know no matter what you do it's going to be "one of those days".

Award for Best "Lonely And Damaged" song
Easy From Now On-Miranda Lambert

"It's gonna be easy to fill the heart of a thirsty woman and harder to kill the ghost of a no good man" Easy to feel special when your lonely and someone pays attention to you, but hard to start a relationship because you're still so damaged from the last.

Award for Best "Just Ran Into My Ex" song
Over You-Reba McEntire

This song is great when you run into an ex that you're still not over. That very awkward hello and sick feeling you get in your stomach during the whole process.

Award for Best "Giving All You Have, But Knowing It's Still Going To End" song
When You Love Someone Like That-Reba McEntire & Leann Rimes

Explains perfectly giving your everything but the relationship ends anyway, then a best friend comes along and reminds you not to blame yourself.

Award for Best "Admitting They Might Not Love You" song
Consider Me Gone-Reba McEntire

"If I'm not the one thing you can't stand to lose, If I'm not the heir to the heart of you, If you don't get drunk on my kiss, If you think you can do better than this, Than I guess we're done, Let's drag this on. Consider Me Gone" Lyrics explain it all.

Award for Best "Need" song
Need You Now-Lady Antebellum

This song explains perfectly that "need" feeling you get in the middle of the night when you are lonely and missing someone. So you break down and reach out to them knowing you probably shouldn't.

Award for Best "Cheater" song
Shattered Glass-Britney Spears

"Was it really worth it, was she everything that you were looking for, feel like a man, I hope you know you can't come back because what we had is broken like shattered glass, You're gonna see me in your dreams tonight, my face is gonna haunt you all the time, I promise you're gonna want me back when your world falls apart like shattered glass" This song makes you feel better. It's one of those slap someone in the face kind of songs that say "ha you screwed up and you're going to regret it".

Award for Best "Jealousy" song
Crazy Ex Girlfriend-Miranda Lambert

There will always come a time when you find out about your ex seeing someone else and jealousy takes over.

Award for Best "Girls Night Only" song
Knock 'Em Out-Lily Allen

This song is just plain funny! After the breakup there is usually a girl's night (usually out to the bar)and you want nothing to do with guys. Especially the really annoying ones with crappy pick up lines.

4 comments:

Ms Debbie said...

What a great blog. You know music is a large part of our life. I think there is a song for everything. I have one you can add to your list. oops... kid time. I will be back.

Ms Debbie said...

I cant embed it... :(

Hard to be cool in a minivan by Go Fish.

Neff Said... said...

Ha I checked that out on youtube...it was cute :)

Leanna said...

you should make a play list of these and put them on the i drive for all of us :o)