Friday, December 11, 2009

Sometimes blessings come and slap us in the face


Today while at work I was sitting in a send off meeting for people going to a training course that everyone in the room had already been to. This course is not your typical corporate training course. It's about building you and making you the best you can be, not what you can learn to do to make your company better. Anyway, after I gave my little speech to the 3 people we were sending off I realized some really important things.... I have always been grateful that I went through this course, but it wasn't until today (3 1/2 years after the first course) that I realized how truly grateful I really am.

I am a firm believer that EVERYTHING happens for a reason, and the past couple years have definitely been proof that God only gives you as much as you can handle. I became a single mother by my 3rd month of pregnancy and life has been a roller coaster ever since. Being a single mother is never an easy thing, but if I had become a mother before I had gone through this training course I can't say that I would have been as strong as I have been. I've always considered myself to be a very strong person (I have been through many things in my life that has made me this way) but it wasn't until this course that I realized how strong I can be.

So today I thank God for person he's made me become. The path he's laid out for me has not been an easy one, and I'm sure I have many more battles and hills ahead of me. Looking back on everthing that has happend though I can truly say that I wouldn't change anything for the world. I'm proud of the strength I've been given, proud of the beautiful son I have today, proud of the person my son has helped make me and proud of the things I have accomplished. I hope that I can teach my son the strenth I know and teach him to be a better person than I am and to lead a better life than I have. He's given me the greatest gift of all by simply being here, and I will spend my entire life working to pay him back for it.

Today blessings have truly come up and slapped me in the face :-D

0 comments: