I've neglected my blog most of December! I had many times where I thought I would blog but everytime I thought about this I either couldn't get my thoughts together or the topic was a little to personal for all the world to see. But today was the day to get back to my blog. What shall my topic be....what everyone is blogging about right now of course! New's Years Resolutions.
2009 was a horrible horrible year for me! Without going into too much detail the year included MAJOR back surgery for my dad that almost killed him, a break up from a long distance relationship, many many finacial struggles, a divorce in the family and really the list goes on and on. I can however say that I survived it all! 2009 sucked! I hated it with a PASSION, and I only hope that 2010 proves to be a better year and there are definitely steps that will be taken on my part. I spent my entire year of 2009 trying to fix everyone around me and their problems. This is not a bad thing, as it's good to help the people you love. Therefore I do not regret it, but this year I will focus a little more on myself and the things I need to do to make myself happier and healthier along with making things happier and healthier for Cohen.
I plan to work towards starting school, work out more (yeah yeah I know everyone says this at the beginning of the year) but one of the biggest and will be the hardest to tackle....making myself a healthier and happier me for DATING... Yeah I said the dreaded "D" word. For multiple reasons I have avoided dating. Those reasons including the above mentioned LDR, of course recovery time after the LDR, and then excuse after excuse as to why I couldn't/shouldn't. Having a child (who without a doubt is my entire world) I am very protective and guarded over mixing my son and dating. With the LDR he probably met my son a total of maybe 3 times in a time period of probably a year and a half. I feel very strongly about keeping my son shielded from that world. I will not have his childhood memories include multiple dating partners with mommy. So because I feel so strongly about this I've found it a lot easier just to not date or even think about dating. This year I will change that. I don't need someone to complete me, I am perfectly comfortable in my own skin to be on my own. But I do know that it would be nice to have someone and that I do deserve to be happy.
So here's to school, working out, dating and being a happier healthier me!
Sunday, January 3, 2010
I've been bad...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment