This post should have happened last week and I have no excuse as to why it wasn't posted. So let's get on it with it shall we?
For those of you wondering how the Sesame Street Live: Elmo's Green Thumb went, I hold you in suspense no longer! The plan was to leave the house at 8 because the show was in Ft. Smith and started at 10:30 and as we all know, I'm directionally challenged! Anyway...that plan didn't happen. We woke up late and didn't get out of the house until 8:40. I didn't let myself freak out like I wanted to I just told myself that I now had no spare time if I got lost and would really have to pay close attention to the directions (yeah right). After leaving the house I remember that I still have to get gas. So we stop at a gas station on the way to get gas, pick up a quick healthy gas station breakfast (because the ham and cheese biscuit I bought for Cohen is EXTREMELY healthy), some gummy bears for a show time snack, and some batteries for my camera. With all of this out of the way I'm ready to head to the highway and start our journey to see Elmo! After about 20 minutes into the drive and not another gas station in sight for miles, I realize that I have forgotten to buy batteries. Again I decide to remain optimistic and tell myself that I will just pick some up at the first gas station before I get to our location. Then I hear the dreaded words from my sweet toddler in the back seat, "mommy I spilled it". I take a deep breath and turn my head to see that Cohen has spilled his juice all over his lap! In my hurry that morning I didn't think about packing extra clothes for him, I'm running late and there is no place in sight to get him new clothes. So what does a mom do in a situation like this? I pull the car over, pull his shorts off of him, open the sun roof, close the sun roof on his shorts, hold on to small piece available in the car so the shorts can't shimmy their way out and fly down the highway and proceed on my way holding shorts in one hand and driving with the other. Seriously are you picturing this with me? I'm sure I looked hilarious. Eventually I pull the shorts back in and set them in the passenger seat to put back on Cohen when we finally arrive. Once I arrived in Ft. Smith I ended up getting lost (shocker I know). I had to pull over and ask some kind old lady walking out of a grocery store for directions. Luckily I was about two miles off! Finally I think that the gods are shining down on me because we just might make it in time! We pull into the parking lot at exactly 10:30 (remember this is the time that the show starts). We get Cohen's shorts back on him and walk into the Civic Center. I see no one taking tickets, hear no music going and no doors are open down these hallways. Where the heck is Elmo! I pick Cohen up and run down the hallway to ask someone where to go. The lady I ask looks at me like I'm nuts and tells me it's down the hallway I just came from. Thank you lady for not only looking at me like I'm an idiot but not helping me because Elmo is not down that hallway! Elmo ended up being down 5 different hallways and a connecting building! About 10 minutes into the show Cohen and I FINALLY make it to see his hero Elmo! Once we sat down Cohen stayed glued to the stage and loved every bit of it! Check out my proof below (remember that I forgot batteries so all pictures came from my phone and are not good)
Cohen sitting in his seat on the 5th row that actually ended up being the 3rd row
Glued to the stage! I couldn't even get him to flash a quick smile he was so into it :)
Elmo and friends on stage!
Clapping at the end of one of the songs
Elmo and friends again
Me and my Handsome!
Oscar the Grouch!
And finally lunch at Burger King afterwards. Even though the day had so many bumps I still had a lot of fun and I'm so glad that I bought the tickets and made the trip. I think I officially became best mom ever in Cohen's eyes that day :) I know it's a short lived title, but I'm basking in all it's glory while it lasts!

2 comments:
So much fun... you're a good mom. Debbie
Aww thanks Debbie! :)
Post a Comment