Thursday, August 20, 2009

There is a line people...

There is a fine line between unique/fun and tacky. Let me just give examples of the lines that should not be crossed when planning your wedding:


*Please keep in mind that this is my opinion on the matter, and if I insult you by something I'm about to post then I'm sorry. Again this is just my opinion*

1. Tacky Cake Toppers

Really, this is not funny. It's TACKY! Your wedding is supposed to be a symbol of your love and show the personalities of you as a couple, not an image of the things you will later be doing in the honeymoon suite! Please if you find this funny....rethink it. I mean really, do you really want your parents or grandparents seeing such a thing?

2. Balloons
There is a right way and a wrong way to do balloons at a wedding
Right way:

I'm not a fan of balloons at a wedding, but if you must have them then use them in an appropriate manner. Do a balloon release at the end of your ceremony! This can be actually pretty.

The wrong way:


People please, your wedding is not the Prom. Please DO NOT decorate in such a manner. And before anyone asks, yes this is a wedding and not a picture of a child's birthday party.



3. Tulle
I'm not real big on tulle, but a little here and there at a wedding is perfectly acceptable. Decorating every standing object at your ceremony/reception however, IS NOT! Do not allow your ceremony/reception to look like you hit a massive tulle sale at Hobby Lobby or the Tulle Fairy has come along and thrown up on everything!







This one is a double Tacky shot! Tulle AND Balloons!


And lastly, don't let the last image someone has of your wedding day be an image like this:
Let's keep it classy ladies!

0 comments: