Tuesday, September 29, 2009

With Halloween Just Around the Corner...

I've decided what Cohen's costume will be! Seeing as Cohen is usually the type of kid that only wants to wear a hat when I don't want him to and won't wear a hat when I do, I decided that going the route of a costume that has no hat type thing is a good idea. Last year's costume was a cowboy and I was barely able to keep his hat on him and didn't want to do that fight this year. Sooooo....this year Cohen will be a doctor! When I decided this I thought it would be a super cute idea to make him a name tag that said "Dr. McDreamy" on it (obviously I'm a big Grey's Anatomy fan). So I searched all over the internet trying to find an image of what Dr. McDreamy's name tag looks like. I couldn't find a thing! I probably looked at a thousand images of the show and couldn't find one close enough to get an idea of what the name tag looked like. In the end of my search I finally just created my own.



Cute right? A little boring but I figured it would get the job done. But then......I discovered an image of Dr. Carlisle Cullen's name tag! Being a HUGE fan of the Twilight series, the fact that Cohen and Carlisle Cullen are both blonde and that I had an image to work off of, I decided he would be Dr. Carlisle Cullen instead! Below is the name tag I found and then created for Cohen.


Not only have I created a name tag for him, I've also decided that this year will be the first year I make his costume! Growing up I never had store bought costumes and I loved the fact that mine was the only one like it. I had a say so in every detail that went into my costumes and I would like for him to have the same thing. His first two costumes were made by my mother and she as usual did a fantastic job, but I decided that I needed to learn because I know my mom won't always be around to do the job. And what better costume to start off with then simple scrubs! Yes, I know it was smart on my part for making this my first :). But in the spirit of Halloween let me leave you with pictures of Cohen's first two costumes created by my mother!


First year-Greaser in a 50's style Chevy convertible

The car is a red wagon I covered with cardboard, painted, used mirrors and aluminum foil for head lights, half a paper towel roll and aluminum foil for bumper, reflectors for tail lights, his bumbo seat covered with black satin fabric and some Styrofoam to make the steering wheel.
The Jacket was made by my mom from pleather fabric and pieces from a build a bear Harley jacket



Second Year-Cowboy

Down town trick or treating with our buddies Carrie and Malia


Carrie trying to get the kids together for a posed picture :)

Church carnival with Carrie and Malia

My nephew Keegan as Batman, my niece Audrey as a giraffe and Cohen the cowboy. If you notice his costume was complete with chaps, vest, hat, belt buckle, hand cuffs and boots. He was set :) Also he was a little harder to get to pose for pictures last year.

0 comments: