Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Music that touches my heart

Have you every had those songs that find their way into your heart and you hold onto them from childhood well into your adult years? There are quite a few songs I could list that definitely make me sing at the top of my lungs and dance like an idiot, but only a few that for some reason put me in a magical calming trance and make me feel good. These songs just genuinely put me in a happy place.





The Shoop Shoop Song by Betty Everett

This song is such a fun song and makes me think of the movie Mermaids with Cher. Love the song, Love the movie.



Your Song by Elton John

This song is just such a sweet sweet song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTa8U0Wa0q8


Tiny Dancer by Elton John

If you don't have love for this song you are crazy! One of the best scenes in movie history is the scene in Almost Famous with the group sitting on the tour bus singing this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qn3tel9FWU



Landslide by Stevie Nicks

A song that was first introduced to my by my daddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhNrrrCCTdA


Curtis Lowe by Lynard Skynard

A song I've listened to on repeat thousands upon thousands of times. Each time singing at the top of my lungs as if I was the best singer in the world. This song always reminds me of spending time with my brother when we were younger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ItpIooEY_w




Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding

Truly a timeless classic. It's a song you have to stop and listen to when it's playing and demands your attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCmUhYSr-e4

Dreams to Remember by Otis Redding

Again a classic, but this song always makes me think of Brittany and Grady. Playing this song in the car with Grady singing lead and Brittany and I singing back up. Hilarious moment in time that I will forever remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4WQ4hrJd-w&feature=related

(This video isn't Otis, but at least you can hear the song)



American Pie by Don McLean

I remember listening to this song in car as a child with my entire family singing along. Moments in time that will forever be cherished.





Into The Mystic by Van Morrison

Just a feel good song...enough said


(Again this video isn't Van Morrison but you get the idea of the song)

0 comments: