Sunday, July 26, 2009

Relationships...

So I have been thinking a lot lately about relationships. Mainly about how aggravating it is that people now a days think that things should just come so easily. So many people just get married or start a relationship thinking that everything is going to be a fairytale, and I'm sorry but that doesn't just happen! You have to work for it and create your own fairytale. Just because you are married or in a relationship doesn't mean you get to just sit back and put things on auto pilot. And I'm sure those that might be reading this is thinking "what does she know, she's never been married". True. I have never been married, but I have been in plenty of relationships and witnessed enough people go through a divorce. Now I know that sometimes a divorce is for the better. But I will say that so many people from my generation, just use it as an easy escape because they don't want to do the work. "He never did sweet things for me like buy me flowers" "She never wanted to have sex" Things like this are what I've heard so many people going through a divorce say. My reply to that....Seriously?!? If these are your reasonings, you are stupid. Things like this can be worked on! BOTH have to make an effort! And let me tell you, that even if you do find someone else you will still have issues with them that you will have to work on as well. So why not work on the one you are with and make it last? Like I said before I know that in some situations divorce or a break up is a must, but really I just don't feel like people put enough work into their relationships anymore. Don't let someone go a day wondering if you love them. Tell them! Show them! The littlest things make the biggest difference. Start her car for her in the morning if it's cold outside so that she won't have to get into a cold car. Send him a sexy text during the day letting him know that you are looking forward to him coming home. Surprise her with a simple note hidden where she will find it. Have his favorite meal prepared for him when you know he's had a bad day. Things so simple and easy, show the most love. And if you find yourself in a situation where you think you are losing your loved one, don't just give up and let them walk away. FIGHT FOR THEM! If it ends, at least you can say that you tried everything you could to make it work.

0 comments: