Monday, April 5, 2010

Motherhood

For those wondering what it's like to be a mom...let me give you a glimpse...

*me getting into the shower*

Cohen-"Mom where is my spiderman mask?"

Me-"In the living room where you left it"

*Door shuts and little feet run down the hallway*

a minute later...

Cohen-"mommy help me find it"

Me-"Cohen I'm in the shower it will have to wait"

*door shuts again*

a minute later...

Cohen-"Hey mom?"

Me-"yes?"

Cohen-"I want to wear my Iron Man suit"

Me-"Well then go put it on. You know where it's at."

*door shuts again*

a couple minutes later...

Cohen-"Hey mom?"

Me-"yes Cohen?"

Cohen-"I want to watch the alien movie called Planet 51"

Me-"Cohen I am almost done in the shower. You'll have to watch the movie I started for you earlier"

*door shuts*

minute later...

Cohen-"Mom almost done?"

Me- (and this is where I turn into my parents) "Cohen are you bleeding?"

Cohen-"no"

Me-"Is anything broken?"

Cohen-"no"

Me-"Then whatever it is can wait 2 minutes for me to get out of the shower. Now go play!"

Personal time in the bathroom no longer lives in my house....

Cohen-"Can we go outside to play"

Me-"No sweetie, it's raining"

Cohen-"How about this..."

*runs to his bedroom and comes back with his coat on, hood up and spiderman umbrella in hand*

Cohen-"now can I go play outside?"

Me-....." thinking how cute this situation is and how to explain he still can't go outside

Then there are the moments that make every annoying shower moment worth it...

Sitting in the movie theater watching How To Train A Dragon...

Cohen- (very loudly)"mommy I love you"

Me-"I love you too sweetie"

Cohen-(still very loudly) "But mommy I loooooovvvveee you"

Me-(laughing) "yes sweetie I love you too, but you need to whisper because people are trying to watch the movie"

Cohen-(still loud) "You're beautiful"

I then proceeded to get all misty eyed and stopped caring if he was loud :)

And of course there are the moments where you are so completely proud of them...

*walking through Wal-Mart and Cohen steps in front of a lady on a motorized cart*

Cohen-"Oh excuse me" <-----proud moment for using his manners

Lady-"Well aren't you a little gentleman"

Cohen-"Thank you...What's your name"

Lady tells him and asks for his

Cohen's response....."Spiderman"

haha love it all...the good and bad :)

3 comments:

Ms Debbie said...

You are a great mom.

Keslyn said...

Hahahah...I lol'd at the shower gig. Total toddler, Ad is the same way...NO privacy.

The Reese's intro was just a luring invite!! :)

Neff Said... said...

Thanks Debbie

Keslyn- Haha yes, there is no privacy! And as for the Reese's title...it definitely lured me in :)